This is actually my first tag on this blog. I frequently get them on instagram and tumblr (which I am absolutely terrible at doing), but this is my first one here, so thank you, Marianna from Impressionblend for tagging me. This tag is called the Coffee book tag (obviously), and although I am not really a coffee drinker at all (but completely obsessed with tea) I think I can manage. I also might add my own tea related ones to the end. I will tag Cait at PaperFury and Sarah at Commas and Ampersands.
1. BLACK: NAME A SERIES THAT’S TOUGH TO GET INTO BUT HAS HARDCORE FANS.
The Magicians by Lev Grossman. Personally, I love this book, but I know a lot of people hate it. It might have something to do with all the characters kinda being awful people, but I don’t think this series would have worked if they weren’t. Although, I’ve only read the first book…
2. PEPPERMINT MOCHA: NAME A BOOK THAT GETS MORE POPULAR DURING THE WINTER OR A FESTIVE TIME OF YEAR.
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. This book is so good. I know a lot of people are scared off by the big bad Dickens, but this book is really lovely. Super hilarious too. There’s a tangent about the term ‘dead as a doornail’ which has definitely stuck with me.
3. HOT CHOCOLATE: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHILDREN’S BOOK?
Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. This book has and will always be my favourite. I even got a rather large tattoo of it on my back, and well, that’s love right there.
4. DOUBLE SHOT OF ESPRESSO: NAME A BOOK THAT KEPT YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT FROM START TO FINISH.
5. STARBUCKS: NAME A BOOK YOU SEE EVERYWHERE.
6. THAT HIPSTER COFFEE SHOP: GIVE A BOOK BY AN INDIE AUTHOR A SHOUTOUT
Never Knew Another by J. M. McDermott. This is the first book in his Dogsland series (which I am currently re-reading before I read the last book that was recently released) is absolutely beautiful and filthy (in a dirty way, not a dirty way). This series is one of the most unique fantasy series I have every read.
7. OOPS! I ACCIDENTALLY GOT DECAF: NAME A BOOK YOU WERE EXPECTING MORE FROM.
8. THE PERFECT BLEND: NAME A BOOK OR SERIES THAT WAS BOTH BITTER AND SWEET, BUT ULTIMATELY SATISFYING.
The Girl with all the Gifts by M.R. Carey. Overall I liked this book but the typical ‘all scientists are evil’ thing really pissed me off here. I know a lot of books do this, butI think it annoyed me more with this book because it was clearly very well researched.
9. GREEN TEA: NAME A BOOK OR SERIES THAT IS QUIETLY BEAUTIFUL.
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. There is something about this book that is just so special. These quietly beautiful (I hope people understand what I mean by this) are my favourite types of books.